Weather permitting, crews contracted by the City will be applying a surface treatment to prolong the life of Wheaton’s asphalt roadways in some areas on Sept. 8, 11 and 12.
The tentative schedule is for work to begin in the areas below. Residents in the work areas have received notices of this work:
- Danada Farms East subdivision - side streets off of Hawkins Circle
- Loretto Club subdivision
- Danada Farms East subdivision - Hawkins Circle
- Lyford Ln, Gables Blvd to Aurora Way
- Coolidge Ave, President St to Blanchard St
- E Willow Ave, Prospect St to Lorraine Rd
- E Liberty Dr, Lorraine Rd to Ott Ave
- Harwarden St, Lorraine Rd to Ott Ave
- West York Ln, Prospect St to Travers Ave
- Travers Ave, Harwarden St to Liberty Dr
- E Thomas Rd, Summit St to Glencoe St
- Wilmette Ct, E Thomas Rd to end
While all streets in the work areas will remain open, we ask that residents in the affected areas do not park on the street between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., until crews apply the product. Once crews have applied the treatment, we recommend not returning your car onto the driveway in the 1-2 hours after it is applied to your street to avoid tracking the surface treatment onto your driveway.
We appreciate your cooperation as we work to prolong the life of Wheaton’s roads.