Ride and learn about the great women in Wheaton history on Saturday, Sept. 16 from 2-4 p.m. meeting at the Wheaton Library West Plaza (225 N. Cross St.).
Bob Goldsborough, longtime Wheaton resident, amateur historian, and current writer for the Chicago Tribune, will lead a leisurely bicycle tour to the former homes of these women and provide historical commentary at each site. This event is sponsored by the Wheaton Bicyclist & Pedestrian Commission.
- Open to cyclists of all levels and ages
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- All riders must provide their own bicycle and wear a bike helmet
- Participants must also sign a digital waiver prior to participation: https://forms.gle/HeduwebRQteMEuSP9 ;
- In case of inclement weather, participants with signed waivers will be notified of the ride cancelation by 1 p.m. on Sept. 16
- Rain date is Saturday, Sept. 23 at 2 p.m.
For more information about the Wheaton Bicyclist & Pedestrian Commission and additional group rides, visit www.wheaton.il.us/bike. ;