The Wheaton North High School March-A-Thon will be held on Saturday, Aug. 26, 2023. The following streets will be temporarily closed from 8 a.m. to noon for the event:
- Naperville Road, from Illinois St. to Indiana St.
- Washington St., from Seminary Ave. to Indiana St.
- Seminary Ave., from Hale St. to Washington St.
- Hale St., from Union Ave. to Wesley St.
- Karlskoga Ave., from Wheaton Ave. and Hale St.
- Wheaton Ave., from Karlskoga Ave. to Oak Ave.
- Oak Ave. from West St. to Wheaton Ave.
- West St., from Prairie Ave. to Oak Ave.
- Papworth St., from Armbrust Ave. to Amy Lane
- Armbrust Ave., from Papworth St. to Darling St.
- Darling St., from Thomas Road to the end of Darling St.
These streets will be staffed with uniformed police personnel to assist and direct traffic during this time. All roads used for this special event will be temporarily closed for approximately 30 minutes to let the band pass safely. Once the band has cleared the roadway, it will be immediately reopened for vehicular traffic.
Residents, citizens, and motorists are being asked for their cooperation in not moving the barricades to ensure the safety of the participants. Motorists may experience temporary traffic delays and choose to alter their travel routes to avoid these areas.
View a map of the closures.