The Wheaton Park District will be hosting the Independence Day Celebration on July 3 and July 4, 2023. The City of Wheaton is proud to help sponsor these community celebrations and encourages the community to take part.
The fireworks display will be on Monday, July 3, at Graf Park, 1855 Manchester Road, at approximately 9 p.m. The evening will also feature small carnival rides, DJ entertainment, giveaways, and more, which will begin at 5:30 p.m.
During this time, motorists can expect traffic delays on:
- North County Farm Road between West Roosevelt Road and Geneva Road
- Manchester Road between East Street (Winfield) and North Gables Boulevard
- Surrounding neighborhood side streets near the DuPage County Fairgrounds
Please use extra caution for pedestrians who are going to and from this event and follow parking regulations and posted signs. Please note that some areas near Graf Park will be marked "Temporary No Parking," which will be enforced starting at noon on Monday, July 3. Thank you for your cooperation.
The parade will be held on Tuesday, July 4, beginning at 10 a.m. The parade route will begin at Main Street and Hawthorne Boulevard, traveling south on Main Street, then turning west onto Union Avenue, continuing south on Wheaton Avenue to Front Street, and concluding at Cross Street.
Roads temporarily closed from approximately 9 a.m. to noon include:
- Main Street - between Cole Avenue and Liberty Drive
- Wesley Street - between Washington Street and Scott Street
- Harrison Avenue - between Wheaton Avenue and Cross Street
- Wheaton Avenue - between Franklin Street and Front Street
- Union Avenue - between West Street and Main Street
- Seminary Avenue - between West Street and Main Street
- Wesley Avenue - between Wheaton Avenue and Main Street
- Front Street - between West Street and Cross Street
Visit the City's website for a map of the parade route.
These streets will be staffed with uniformed police officers and personnel to assist and direct traffic during this time. Residents, citizens, and motorists are being asked for their cooperation in not moving the barricades to ensure participants' safety. Motorists may experience temporary traffic delays and choose to alter their travel routes to avoid these areas.
There will also be no parking signs posted on the following streets on July 3, 2023:
- Union Avenue - both sides of streets between Wheaton Avenue and Main Street
- Wheaton Avenue - both sides of streets between Union Avenue and Front Street
- Front Street - both sides of streets between Wheaton Avenue and Cross Street
Residents, citizens, and motorists are being asked for their cooperation and compliance in not parking in these designated areas from July 3 at 9 p.m. to July 4 at noon, following the conclusion of the parade.
For more information about these events, see the Wheaton Park District's website.