The City’s Environmental Improvement Commission invites the community to its annual Recycling Extravaganza with SCARCE on Saturday, April 1, 2023, from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the DuPage Fairgrounds, 2015 Manchester Road. Note this year’s new location for this popular event. You can bring many types of items for safe disposal or recycling at this drive-through event.
Items you can drop off include:
- Documents for shredding: Acceptable items include tax records, medical records, and sensitive documents. No plastic file tabs, vinyl checkbook covers, plastic page protectors or batteries (greeting cards, etc.).
- Latex paint ($2 per quart, $5 per gallon, or $20 per bucket)
- Aerosol paint cans ($1 per can)
- Household batteries: $2.50 per pound (credit card only)
- Syringe and epi-pen disposal
- Medicine disposal
- Sharps and lancets
- Bike items: Bikes, helmets, repair tools, and tire pumps
- Musical instruments
- Brita filters and pitchers
- Keys: cars and homes
- Small inkjet cartridges (no toners)
- Holiday lights
- Bread tags
- Mercury thermometers, thermostats, and barometers
- Eyeglasses, sunglasses, and hearing aids
- Soccer items: jerseys and uniforms, socks, shin guards, cleats, soccer balls, nets, referee gear, girls leggings, and first aid kits
- Walkers, wheelchairs, and crutches
- Propane tanks
- Car and other large batteries
This event is offered in partnership with the City of Wheaton, the Wheaton Environmental Improvement Commission, SCARCE, DuPage County, the DuPage County Sheriff's Office, Milton Township, Wheaton Lions Club, Working Bikes, Soccer Gear for Zambia, Melba's Place, AmeriGas, Interstate Battery, Flat Can Recycling, and HazChem.
Questions can be directed to SCARCE at 630-545-9710.