Weather permitting, contractors for the City plan to repair a limited number of downtown sidewalk handicap ramps beginning on Monday, Oct. 31, 2022, and continuing through the week. Crews will remove these select concrete squares and replace them in the same day. This work is not expected to affect access to downtown businesses, and the majority of sidewalks will remain open throughout this work.
This work will occur within the following street sections:
- Wesley Street between Wheaton Avenue and Cross Street
- Hale Street between Willow Avenue and Union Avenue
- Front Street between West Street and Cross Street
- Main Street between Front Street and Wesley Street
- Southeast corner of Hale and Seminary
We appreciate your patience as crews complete this work.