The City of Wheaton in partnership with the Downtown Wheaton Association and the Wheaton Park District will kick off the holiday season with the Wheaton Christmas Parade on Friday, Nov. 26, 2021 beginning at 6 p.m. Following the parade will be a lighting ceremony to begin the Nights of Lights at Adams Park.
The Wheaton Christmas Parade will step off at Wheaton Avenue and Wesley Street on Friday, Nov. 26, in front of City Hall at 6 p.m. and will proceed:
- South on Wheaton Avenue to Front Street
- East on Front Street to Cross Street
From approximately 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 26, the following streets will be temporarily closed for the parade:
- Wheaton Avenue between Wesley Avenue and Front Street
- Wesley Avenue at Wheaton Avenue
- Front Street between Wheaton Avenue and Cross Street
- Hale Street between Liberty Drive and Front Street
- Main Street between Liberty Drive and Front Street
- Cross Street between Liberty Drive and Front Street
In addition, Karlskoga Avenue will be closed to all vehicle traffic from 11 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 25 to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 26. Please do not move the barricades or cones so we can ensure the safety of the parade participants. Uniformed officers will be present to assist and direct traffic. Motorists may experience temporary traffic delays and choose to alter their travel routes to avoid these areas.
View the map of the closures here.