Chief of Police James F. Volpe, 630-260-4860
On Thursday, Nov. 23, 2017 from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., the following streets will be temporarily closed for the Emerson School Turkey Trot 5K Run/Walk:
- South Woodlawn Street between Childs Street and West Liberty Drive
- West Liberty Drive between North Woodlawn and North Morgan Avenue
- North Morgan Avenue between West Liberty Drive and Manchester Road
- Manchester Road between North Morgan Avenue and Birch Drive
- Birch Drive between Manchester Road and Beecher Avenue
- Beecher Avenue between Birch Drive and Graf Park
- South Hazelton Avenue between Manchester Road and Williams Street
- Williams Street between South Hazelton Avenue and South Erie Street
- South Erie Street between Williams Street and Childs Street
- Childs Street between South Erie Street and South Dorchester Avenue
- South Dorchester Avenue between Childs Street and Lakeside Drive
- Lakeside Drive between South Dorchester Avenue and South Gables Boulevard
- South Gables Boulevard between Lakeside Drive and Childs Street
- Childs Street between South Gables Boulevard and South Woodlawn Street, and
- Sunnybrook Lane at both entrances.
Streets will be staffed with uniformed Police Officers to assist and direct traffic.
The Wheaton Police Department asks residents, citizens and motorists for their cooperation in not moving the barricades to ensure the safety of the runners.
Motorists may experience temporary traffic delays and choose to alter their travel route to avoid these areas.