The Wheaton Police Department encourages the community to come out and connect with your neighbors and Wheaton Police for National Night Out, a night of family fun. This year's event will be from 5-8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 6 at Northside Park, 1300 N West Street, featuring the following activities and events:
- Food & beverages
- Dunk-a-Cop (proceeds benefit NAMI DuPage* - see below for items being collected)
- Face painting
- Balloon twister
- DuPage County Sheriff's Office K-9
- Medic helicopter (7 p.m.)
- SWAT obstacle course for kids
- Illinois Fallen Heroes Traveling Memorial Wall, provided by the Illinois Patriot Riders
- Fishing contest (Bring your own equipment. Prizes will be awarded. IL fishing license required for ages 16+.)
This is a free event for the entire community. We hope to see you there!
This will be the 36th year of National Night Out, and more than 16,000 communities across the nation will take part in this community-building campaign, which promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie. For information on Wheaton’s event, visit www.wheaton.il.us/NNO.
*100% of donations for Dunk-a-Cop will go to National Alliance on Mental Illness DuPage (NAMI DuPage). They also appreciate donations of these items: facial tissue boxes; paper towel rolls; travel size toiletry / personal hygiene / cosmetic items; art supplies: watercolor paper, gel pens, washi tape; and office supplies: post-it notes, paper clips, binder clips, pens.