Various events associated with the 2018 Taste of Wheaton beginning Thursday, May 31, to Sunday, June 3, 2018, will be occurring on the following dates and may affect normal traffic patterns and times. In most circumstances, these roadway segments and areas will be adequately staffed with uniformed Police Officers to assist and direct traffic.
Thursday, May 31 - Sunday, June 3
Taste of Wheaton
- Leased Lots 3, 4, and 5 along Liberty Drive will be closed for a carnival
- Liberty Drive will be closed between Wheaton Avenue & Cross Street
- Hale Street will be closed from the Egg Harbor Cafe alley to Front Street from 3 p.m. Thursday, May 31, to 11:59 p.m. Sunday, June 3
- Karlskoga Avenue will be closed between North Wheaton Avenue & North Hale Street (Thursday, May 31, through Saturday, June 2)
- Wheaton Avenue will be closed between Seminary Avenue & Union Avenue (Thursday, May 31, through Sunday, June 3)
Friday, June 1, 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
Vintage Rides Classic Car Show
- Hale Street will be closed between Front Street & Wesley Street
Saturday, June 2, 6:30 a.m.-10 a.m.
Run for the Animals
See the streets that will be temporarily closed from 6:45 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday, June 2 for the Run for the Animals.
Saturday, June 2, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
French Market (temporary relocation for Saturday, June 2, only)
- Reber Street will be closed between Liberty Drive & Willow Avenue.
Saturday, June 2, 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
Classic Car Nights & Vintage Rides
- Hale Street between Front Street and Wesley Street.
Uniformed police officers will be posted during most of these events to assist and direct with traffic control. Motorists may experience temporary traffic delays and choose to alter their travel route to avoid these areas.
Residents, citizens, and motorists are being asked for their cooperation in not moving the barricades to ensure the safety of the participants of the above Special Events activities.