We serve the Wheaton community by providing essential information about City news and services through our website, television programming, and print materials. Our Public Relations, Video, and Web/Multimedia divisions collaborate to communicate information that is timely, accessible, and useful.
The City's Communications Department shares information on City services and helps promote the events and programs of City boards and commissions, and the City's government partners.
What We Do
- Manage the City’s website and social media pages
- Distribute press releases to local media and interested residents about City news
- Deliver information by email to Email Updates subscribers
- Produce television programming for City of Wheaton TV Channel 10 (Wheaton's government channel), create and oversee programming and operations for Channel 17 (Wheaton's community information channel) and create short-format packages for social media and on-demand viewing. View Wheaton Meetings & Videos
- Publish an online newsletter for all residents and businesses
- Administer Wheaton’s cable franchise and help resolve citizen complaints
Requests for Inclusion in City Communications
The City is limited to sharing information about the programs and events that are City-sponsored, a program of a City board/commission, or that of our government partners. We are unable to share information on the City's website or through the City's communications channels for local organizations or businesses.