What permits do I need to open a business?

A Commercial Re-Occupancy Permit is required when a business moves into an existing commercial space. Depending on the type of interior modifications planned, a building permit may be required. To find information on what will be required for your specific project, contact the Commercial Plans Examiner in the Building Department at 630-260-2050.

Show All Answers

1. What permits do I need to open a business?
2. Is a business license required?
3. Where are the City’s Sign Codes?
4. What wall signage is permitted for a tenant space in an existing shopping center?
5. What kind of temporary signs are permitted for a business?
6. Is any off-site advertising permitted?
7. Are inflatable devices, pendants, etc. permitted?