The Downtown Wheaton Association and the City of Wheaton will kick off the holiday season with the Wheaton Christmas Parade on Friday, Nov. 25, 2022 beginning at 6 p.m. Please note the following road closures associated with this event, and join in the festivities with the lighting of the Nights of Lights in Adams Park at 4:30 p.m., parade at 6 p.m. and tree lighting ceremony at 7 p.m. near the new pavilion at Main Street and Liberty Drive.
The Wheaton Christmas Parade will step off at Wheaton Avenue and Wesley Street on Friday, Nov. 25, in front of City Hall at 6 p.m. and will proceed:
- South on Wheaton Avenue to Front Street;
- East on Front Street to Cross Street.
From approximately 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 25, the following streets will be temporarily closed for the parade:
- Wheaton Avenue between Wesley Avenue and Front Street;
- Wesley Avenue at Wheaton Avenue;
- Front Street between Wheaton Avenue and Cross Street;
- Hale Street between Liberty Drive and Front Street;
- Main Street between Liberty Drive and Front Street;
- Cross Street between Liberty Drive and Front Street.
In addition, Karlskoga Avenue will be closed to all vehicle traffic from 11 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 24 to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 25. Please do not move the barricades or cones so we can ensure the safety of the parade participants. Uniformed officers will be present to assist and direct traffic. Motorists may experience temporary traffic delays and choose to alter their travel routes to avoid these areas.
View the map of the closures here.
Timeline of Holiday Events on Friday, Nov. 25:
- Nights of Lights: Starts at 4:30 p.m., Adams Park, Main Street & Wesley Street
- Wheaton Christmas Parade: 6 p.m., Starts at City Hall, then south on Wheaton Avenue and west on Front Street
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony: Activities start at approximately 6:45 p.m., Pavilion at Main & Liberty Drive
Find out more about these events.