The City's program to install new sidewalks will begin in the coming weeks, starting with surveying this week. The City anticipates crews will begin construction in some locations during the first week of September. This year’s program includes adding sidewalks on the following street segments:
- East side of Campbell Street from Dawes Avenue to Elm Street
- West side of Fischer Street from Dawes Avenue to Elm Street
- North side of Prairie Avenue from Main Street to south leg of Irving Avenue
- North side of Jefferson Street from Ellis Avenue to the alleyway
- South side of Wakeman Avenue from Santa Rosa Avenue to President Street
Contractors will install sidewalks on one side of the street as indicated above, as well as at some intersection corners on the opposite side.
Residents adjacent to the project should have received a notice regarding the nature of the work. The project is anticipated to last until the end of October.
This work is part of the new sidewalk program approved by the City Council in February 2018, to work toward the City’s goal of providing a sidewalk on one side of every street. The City selects the location of new sidewalks based on a series of criteria including the proximity to a school, type of street, whether a partially constructed sidewalk already exists, and the street’s layout.
Questions about this work can be directed to the City’s Engineering Department at 630-260-2065.