Join the Wheaton Bike Commission for its annual family-friendly event, the Bike Wheaton Festival, from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Aug. 11, 2018 in downtown Wheaton. The event will be in Memorial Park, 208 W Union Avenue.
- Decorated bike parade through downtown Wheaton at 10 a.m.
- Festival in the park, including exhibits, healthy lifestyle and biking information
- Bike Rodeo with the Wheaton Police Department, where young riders can test their skills
- Bike donation collection for Working Bikes, a nonprofit organization distributing bikes to people in need
- Join the Bike Commission for a 10-mile group bike ride following the event, ending with ice cream downtown
Kids and adults alike can decorate their bikes and join the parade, no registration necessary. Prizes will be awarded for decorated bikes in different age categories.
You can bring used bikes to donate to Working Bikes, a nonprofit organization that distributes bikes to people in need of transportation. Working Bikes will accept bikes of any size, bike parts and accessories, and all donations are tax-deductible.