2017 Road Construction and Maintenance
The map and chart below show construction projects planned for Wheaton this year. Click on a point on the map for more information, or see the chart below.
Please note that dates are estimated and could be affected by weather or unforeseen circumstances.
Types of Construction Work:
- Street Reconstruction is the most extensive type of project. Crews remove the pavement, the base below it and sometimes the curb, then construct a new roadway.
- Street Rehabilitation removes and replaces the curb, then resurfaces the entire pavement surface.
- Street Resurfacing involves grinding the existing pavement in order to put down a new top layer of pavement.
- Road maintenance includes less extensive construction, such as patching, some pavement resurfacing, and correcting potholes and surface defects.
|Street||Construction Limits||Current Status|
* water main work included on these streets - extends construction time.
Future Construction Projects
To see the list of streets for which improvements are planned over the next five years visit the Five-Year Annual Road Program.