Contracts and Purchases Exceeding $20,000
$20,000 must go through the formal public Request for Bid (RFB) process. The award for these bids goes to the lowest responsive, responsible bidder unless the City Council decides it is in the best interest for the City of Wheaton to do otherwise.
Businesses can find out about upcoming opportunities in several ways:
- Subscribe to DemandStar, a service that automatically notifies businesses when a Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Bid (RFB) related to their industry is made. (There may be a nominal fee for this service.)
- Send an email to the City of Wheaton’s Purchasing Officer.
Contracts and Purchases between $5,000 and $20,000
Purchases for materials or services between $5,000 and $20,000 require individual City departments to obtain three competitive price quotations. Businesses are encouraged to contact departments directly. Businesses that are unsure of which department to contact or that are selling an item or service that more than one department would use may email the Procurement Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our mission is to purchase the specified goods and services required by City departments and facilities at the lowest possible cost, ensuring that Wheaton residents receive the maximum value for each dollar spent.
What We Do
- Ensure that all purchases comply with the City of Wheaton’s ordinances and statutes of the State of Illinois
- Ensure that all purchases promote fair and impartial competition
- Oversee the public bidding and proposal process
- Approve the purchase of goods and services for all City departments through purchase orders and contracts
- Perform research to find the maximum benefit for the funds spent
- Work with businesses interested in providing goods and/or services to the City
- Consolidate duplication of services between departments and facilities