Fine & Cultural Arts Commission
The purpose of the Fine and Cultural Arts Commission is to:
- Increase citizen access to the arts by providing leadership, advocacy, and the support for art that enriches the cultural vitality of our community.
- Provide advice and work cooperatively with the city council to promote fine and cultural arts in the city.
- Foster and promote an appreciation of fine arts within the city by enlisting and encouraging public and private agencies, as well as the general public, to support art and cultural events within the city.
- At the request of the City Council, review and make recommendations directly to the City Council for artworks for public buildings and public spaces.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a city-wide arts and culture webpage on the city website that includes links to art-related organizations and individuals who advance art in the city.
The Fine and Cultural Arts Commission generally meets at 6:00 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month at City Hall. There are no meetings in August and December. All meetings are open to residents. You are welcome to attend, share your thoughts, or observe to see if you would like to apply for a position. For up-to-date information regarding all of the City’s Boards and Commissions meeting dates, times, and locations, please see the City Calendar.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Mike Bock, Chair
- Lewis Achenbach
- Sarah Antas
- David Duve
- Dee Hicks
- Randolph King
- Laurie Swanson Oberhelman
Available Positions: 0
Help Support the Arts in Wheaton
The Fine and Cultural Arts Commission provides businesses and residents an opportunity to become supporters of the Commission. The Commission conducts a variety of events and is required to raise money for every event. Your support will help the Commission continue to fund community events supporting the arts.
Each supporter's name will be posted on the Commission's webpage as a supporter of the Fine and Cultural Arts Commission and will receive a personalized poster showing your support of the Fine and Cultural Arts Commission.
View the Fine and Cultural Arts Commission's informational flyerfor more information.
Summer of Golf: The City of Wheaton's Fine & Cultural Arts Commission created a community art project celebrating the U.S. Senior Women's Open that featured 13 giant-sized painted golf ball statues that were on display throughout the summer. Summer of Golf Video
Pearls of the Universe Mural: Learn more about the "Pearls of the Universe" mural celebrating diversity led by the Community Relations Commission and Fine and Cultural Arts Commission.