Bicyclist and Pedestrian Commission
The purpose of the Bicyclist and Pedestrian Commission is to:
- Provide advice and recommend strategies to the City Council to encourage and foster bicycling and pedestrian opportunities, and to consider access issues in the city.
- Promote bicyclist and pedestrian education programs in the school systems and disseminate safety information to the public at large.
- Review and make recommendations regarding implementation of the Wheaton Bicycle Plan, September 2011, as amended.
- Establish and maintain an information network with those agencies, individuals, and organizations within the city that advocate bicycling and walking and promote the sharing of resources among them.
The Bicyclist and Pedestrian Commission generally meets at 7:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month at City Hall. All meetings are open to residents. You are welcome to attend, share your thoughts, or observe to see if you would like to apply for a position. For up-to-date information regarding all of the City’s Boards and Commissions meeting dates, times, and locations, please see the City Calendar.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
This commission consists of no less than 7 and no more than 13 members.
- Co-Chair/Communications - Alyse Kondrat
- Co-Chair/Treasurer - Michelle Dunlap
- Cate Brady
- Lou Dieter
- David Duve
- Connor Grant
- Rita Nathanson
- Bill Nieman
- Laurel Salvador
- George Schmidt III
- Robert Van Valzah
Current Vacant Positions: 0
Available Positions: up to 2
Group Rides & Walks
For more information on biking in DuPage County, please visit www.dupageco.org/bikeways
The recording of Wheaton Public Library’s Biking Adventures presentation featuring the Wheaton Bicyclist and Pedestrian Commission is available on the Library’s YouTube page: https://youtu.be/KKP8v68k4OU
Use these routes to bike from anywhere in Wheaton to downtown!