Building Department Information
Our mission is to ensure public safety, health, and welfare in all aspects of building design, construction, and maintenance.
If we can be of any assistance or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 630-260-2050 or feel free to directly contact:
- Tom Corrigan, Director of Building & Code Enforcement
Current Building Codes
In February 2020, the Wheaton City Council voted to adopt the most recent ICC building codes, with local amendments, to promote the health, safety, and welfare of our community. The changes went into effect on March 4, 2020. The full ordinance and more information are available on the City’s website. Ordinance Amending the Code of Ordinances of the City of Wheaton
MAINTENANCE OF PROPERTIES
When properties fall into disrepair or when there are non-complaint operations we need your assistance to inform our Code Compliance Officer.
Staff Contact Information
- Commercial, Fire Sprinkler, Fire Alarm: Bruce Allen, Plan Examiner
- Engineering: Kris Dunn, Development Engineer
- Engineering: Russ Peacock, Development Engineer
- Zoning: Jim Kozik, Director of Planning & Economic Development
- Code Compliance: Code Compliance Officer, Ted Fanning
Please see this notice regarding several revised improvements to better serve the building owners and our City in regard to elevator inspections and billing: