Building Department Information
The mission of the City of Wheaton Building Department is to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the community in all aspects of building design, construction, and maintenance. Our team is committed to providing excellent customer service in all aspects of the development process including application processing, plan review, and building inspections. By doing this, the community benefits by having commercial buildings and residential homes that are safe, code-compliant, and energy efficient. If you should have any questions regarding construction or development projects within the City of Wheaton, please contact us.
The mission of the City of Wheaton Code Enforcement Department is to help maintain the health, safety, and welfare of our community. Our team is committed to ensuring adopted ordinances promoting property maintenance, allowed property use, and legal occupancies are followed. This benefits the community by helping our neighborhoods maintain their clean, welcoming demeanor; and that our commercial properties are inviting to both customers and potential businesses. If you should have any questions regarding property maintenance within the City of Wheaton, please contact us.
Staff Contact Information
- Commercial Plan Review, Fire Sprinkler Review, Fire Alarm Review:
Bruce Allen, Plan Examiner
(630) 260-2048 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residential Plan Review: Kelly Daiberl
(630) 260-2051 email@example.com
- Scheduling Inspections:
- Building Inspector: Bryan Cummins
- Building Service Representatives:
- Code Compliance: Ted Fanning, Code Compliance Officer
- Engineering: Kris Dunn, Development Engineer
- Engineering: Russ Peacock, Development Engineer
- Zoning: Jim Kozik, Director of Planning & Economic Development