WHEATON, Ill. – In an ongoing effort to increase available parking for customers, employers and employees, the City made the following changes to public parking areas in Downtown Wheaton:
- Replaced 3-hour and 4-hour parking in the Wheaton Place Garage (located on Wheaton Avenue between Wesley Street and Front Street) with customer-only parking
- Changed 94 parking spaces to 6-hour free parking in several downtown locations, including:
- Along the west and north sides of Adams Park (Main Street and Seminary Avenue)
- Along Wesley Street just west of City Hall
- Just south of the Wheaton Public Library (along Wesley, Cross and Scott streets)
- Added 20 $1.00 daily fee spaces available on the top floor of the Wheaton Place Garage
A committee consisting of City staff, members of the Downtown Wheaton Association, and the Wheaton Police Department Parking Enforcement Division initiated these changes. They will free up parking spaces in the lower level of the Wheaton Place Garage for customer use, provide longer-term free parking in convenient areas for employees, and encourage employee use of leased spaces in the garage.
Look for new signage in the downtown that will help increase awareness of the diverse parking options.