Our mission is to purchase the specified goods and services required by City departments and facilities at the lowest possible cost, ensuring that Wheaton residents receive the maximum value for each dollar spent.
What we do:
- Ensure that all purchases comply with the City of Wheaton’s ordinances and statutes of the State of Illinois
- Ensure that all purchases promote fair and impartial competition
- Oversee the public bidding and proposal process
- Approve the purchase of goods and services for all City departments through purchase orders and contracts
- Perform research to find the maximum benefit for the funds spent
- Work with businesses interested in providing goods and/or services to the City
- Consolidate duplication of services between departments and facilities.