Public Works Department
Our Street, Water, Sewer and Forestry divisions and Municipal Garage provide a variety of services to ensure that Wheaton is a clean, safe and enjoyable place to live. From street and public grounds maintenance to electrical and building maintenance, our more than 70 full-time employees strive to enhance the quality of life for residents. Read our Mission Statement
What we do:
- Maintain and repair all City vehicles.
- Maintain, repair and improve City streets and municipal parking lots.
- Ensure proper operation of traffic control devices and street lights.
- Perform snow removal operations, street sweeping and roadway striping.
- Trim trees in City parkways and remove dead, damaged and diseased trees from parkways.
- Conduct Shared Cost Parkway Tree Program.
- Clean, repair, reconstruct and maintain sanitary and storm sewer lines and lift stations.
- Operate and maintain the City’s water system.
- Patching of potholes.
Public Works Programs
The Public Works Department provides programs for residents that include:
Related City Programs
The Engineering Department provides the following related programs for residents:
- New Sidewalk Construction Shared-Cost Program: Qualifying properties that do not have sidewalks can apply for this shared-cost program.
- Sidewalk Replacement Program: The City is continuing on a long-term sidewalk replacement program to replace highly defective sidewalk squares throughout the city.
- 2014 Road Construction and Maintenance: Please note that this program includes the replacement or improvement of City roads along with routine street maintenance.
To contact the Snow Dispatch Center:
Call 630-260-SNOW (7669).