Updates about new businesses in Wheaton and upcoming projects and developments:
New businesses in Wheaton include:
- OMG! Café, 390 W. Front St., offers a global array of healthy options for breakfast and lunch featuring made-to-order egg dishes, artisanal grab-and-go items, and homemade bakery items, as well as fresh smoothies and a full espresso bar.
- County Farm Bagels, 118 N. Main St., is a family-owned bagel shop featuring freshly made bagels, cream cheese, coffee, breakfast, salads and lunch.
- Brickhaus Fitness, 266 E. Geneva Road, offers 24/7 gym memberships, fitness coaching, speed and strength training, yoga and group classes, and nutrition consulting.
- Choun's Restaurant, 226 W. Front St., is now open. It serves a blend of Thai specialties and American fare with a Thai twist.
- Courthouse Square Apartments, 250 S. Naperville Road, is now leasing. This luxury apartment contains two six-story buildings with a total of 149 apartment homes located in historic downtown Wheaton.
- New Location: Luong Loi Restaurant, 111 N. Main Street. Family-owned and operated specializing in traditional Vietnamese and Chinese cuisine.
- New Business: Escape for Fun, 314 S. Main St. Medieval-themed activity venue where participants must solve puzzles and riddles to escape the “locked-in” room.
- Whole Foods has announced that the current 39,000-square-foot location at 151 Rice Lake Square will be relocating to a new 55,000-square-foot location in the former Dominick's at 91 Danada Square East. The new location is expected to open late 2016 or early 2017.
- New business: Wear and Share Sport, a sporting goods consignment shop for all ages, all sports, apparel, equipment and gear is now open at 123 W. Wesley St.
- New business: FTX Crossfit, an elite fitness center, is now open at 1010 Geneva Road
- New business: AAA Car Care Plus Repair and Services, 1100 E. Roosevelt Road
- New business: Viride massage and bodywork studio, Park Place office suites at 100 W. Roosevelt Road: Independent massage therapist offers a variety of massage therapy, bodywork and alternative therapy for health and wellness.
- New business: Kimmer’s Ice Cream, 109 E. Front St.: Ice cream shop featuring fresh homemade daily ice cream
- New business: Sunset Slush, sidewalk cart located on the northeast corner of Liberty Dr. and Cross St. near Armand's Pizza in Downtown Wheaton: featuring classic Italian Ice from noon-8 p.m. Thursday & Friday and 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday
- New business: American Mattress, 1910 E. Roosevelt Road: Family owned and operated bedding and mattress store
- New business: Gia Mia Pizza Bar, 106 N. Hale St.: Farm-to-table Old World authentic Neapolitan pizza bar
- New business: Dry City Brew Works, 120 B. N. Main St.: Family owned, small craft brewery
- New business: Mile Long Records, 350 W. Front St.: New & Vintage vinyl records and rock & roll accessories
- New business: Peet’s Coffee, 390 W. Front St.: Founded in 1966 in Berkeley, California, Peet’s is a premier nationwide coffee and tea company.
- New business: Next Yoga, 120 Liberty Drive
- New business: Armand’s Pizzeria, 120 Liberty Drive
- New business: Moore Toys & Gadgets, 107 E. Front St.: Features a variety of interactive toys, games and gift items designed to encourage learning and fun.
- New business: Prairie Path Books, located inside the Toms-Price Home Furnishings at 303 E. Front St.: Independent bookstore carrying the newest publications for adults, teens, and children. The shop also hosts special guest appearances and evenings of entertainment.
- DuPage Medical Group opened its new facility at 150 E. Willow Ave. in the space that was formerly the site of Jewel Osco supermarket in downtown Wheaton. The 40,000-square-foot office offers family medicine, internal medicine and obstetrics/gynecology.
- Kilwin’s, 100 N. Hale Street, is now open, offering chocolates, confections, truffles, cremes, candy, caramels and fudge.
- New business: Joan’s Place, 120 N. Main St.: a home décor shop offering vintage-inspired mirrors, chandeliers, hand-painted furniture and accessories.
- Posh Salon and Color Bar has moved from 102 Front St. to 213 W. Wesley St.
- Pier 1 Imports has moved from 2023 Naperville Road to 110 Danada Square West.
- New business: PampleMousse Bakery, 118 N. Main St.: French-inspired bakery
- New business: River City Roasters, 114 N. Main St.: Superior micro-roasted coffee
- New business: Pure Barre, 33 Rice Lake Square: Isometric fitness, apparel and accessories
- New business: Andrew’s Garden, 204 W. Wesley St.: Boutique floral design Store
- New business: Walgreen’s, 2191 W. Roosevelt Road
- New business: Verizon, 143 Danada Square East: Lifestyle “smart-store”
- Mariano's Fresh Market, 625 S. Main St., opened Oct. 29 on the site of the former Hubble Middle School.
- Jeans and a Cute Top Shop has moved two doors west to an expanded location at 210 W. Wesley St.
- Wheaton 121, a new 300-unit apartment development located at 121 N. Cross St., has begun opening part of the development to residents.
New business in Wheaton:
- Bella Roba, 104 N. Hale St.: Women's clothing, jewelry and home décor boutique
New businesses in Wheaton:
- Bella Flora Mia, 124 N. Main Street: Custom floral designs and home accents
- Hot Mama, 121 Wheaton Town Square: Designer women’s clothing
- With Love, A Dessert Boutique, 6 Danada Square West Shopping Center: Gourmet donuts, cupcakes, ice cream, self serve frozen yogurt, coffee & tea
- Home Again, 123 W. Wesley St., Upscale home décor consignment shop
Businesses that recently opened or are opening soon in Wheaton include:
- Lane Bryant, 42 Danada Square West
- Nothing Bundt Cakes, 421 Town Square
- Sports Authority, 101 Rice Lake Square
- Now open: SOMA Intimates: women’s lingerie and apparel, 71 Wheaton Town Square
- Now open: Bricks Wood Fired Pizza: 103 E. Front St.
- Now open: Warren’s Ale House, 51 Town Square Wheaton; offers artisan food, craft beers and more.
- Now open: Smoke Ringz BBQ, 322 E. Geneva Road
- Now open: Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant, 1720 N. Main St.
- Now open: Phabulux Nails, 111 W. Willow Ave.
- Now open: Prairie Path Outfitters, 360 W. Front St.
- Now open: Shop 123, 123 Wesley St.; a holiday pop-up store including vendors: The Bleu Olive, Four Brothers Chocolates, Somewhat Organic, Skarha Glass Studio, What a Jerk Sauce, K'Tizo Tea, and The Adorned Apron.
- Construction is progressing for the upcoming apartment development in downtown Wheaton, called Wheaton 121. Morningside Wheaton LLC is building the development on the vacant block bordered by Front, Cross, Wesley and Scott streets in downtown Wheaton. Excavation of the site is nearly complete, utility work is progressing and footings are being poured for the 306-unit apartment development.
- Renovations are complete at Suzette’s Creperie, 207 W. Front St., with an expanded dining room and larger wine bar.
- Now open: NTB (National Tire & Battery), 1800 E. Roosevelt Road; offers tires, batteries, oil change, alignments and more.
- A groundbreaking ceremony marked the beginning of a new redevelopment project called Wheaton 121, which will consist of 306 residential apartments in a multi-family building with partial underground parking. Morningside Wheaton LLC will build the development on the vacant block bordered by Front, Cross, Wesley and Scott streets in downtown Wheaton.