Updates about new businesses in Wheaton and upcoming projects and developments:
- DuPage Medical Group opened its new facility at 150 E. Willow Ave. in the space that was formerly the site of Jewel Osco supermarket in downtown Wheaton. The 40,000-square-foot office offers family medicine, internal medicine and obstetrics/gynecology.
- Kilwin’s, 100 N. Hale Street, is now open, offering chocolates, confections, truffles, cremes, candy, caramels and fudge.
- New business: Joan’s Place, 120 N. Main St.: a home décor shop offering vintage-inspired mirrors, chandeliers, hand-painted furniture and accessories.
- Posh Salon and Color Bar has moved from 102 Front St. to 213 W. Wesley St.
- Pier 1 Imports has moved from 2023 Naperville Road to 110 Danada Square West.
- New business: PampleMousse Bakery, 118 N. Main St.: French-inspired bakery
- New business: River City Roasters, 114 N. Main St.: Superior micro-roasted coffee
- New business: Pure Barre, 33 Rice Lake Square: Isometric fitness, apparel and accessories
- New business: Andrew’s Garden, 204 W. Wesley St.: Boutique floral design Store
- New business: Walgreen’s, 2191 W. Roosevelt Road
- New business: Verizon, 143 Danada Square East: Lifestyle “smart-store”
- Mariano's Fresh Market, 625 S. Main St., opened Oct. 29 on the site of the former Hubble Middle School.
- Jeans and a Cute Top Shop has moved two doors west to an expanded location at 210 W. Wesley St.
- Wheaton 121, a new 300-unit apartment development located at 121 N. Cross St., has begun opening part of the development to residents.
New business in Wheaton:
- Bella Roba, 104 N. Hale St.: Women's clothing, jewelry and home décor boutique
New businesses in Wheaton:
- Bella Flora Mia, 124 N. Main Street: Custom floral designs and home accents
- Hot Mama, 121 Wheaton Town Square: Designer women’s clothing
- With Love, A Dessert Boutique, 6 Danada Square West Shopping Center: Gourmet donuts, cupcakes, ice cream, self serve frozen yogurt, coffee & tea
- Home Again, 123 W. Wesley St., Upscale home décor consignment shop
Businesses that recently opened or are opening soon in Wheaton include:
- Lane Bryant, 42 Danada Square West
- Nothing Bundt Cakes, 421 Town Square
- Sports Authority, 101 Rice Lake Square
- Now open: SOMA Intimates: women’s lingerie and apparel, 71 Wheaton Town Square
- Now open: Bricks Wood Fired Pizza: 103 E. Front St.
- Now open: Warren’s Ale House, 51 Town Square Wheaton; offers artisan food, craft beers and more.
- Now open: Smoke Ringz BBQ, 322 E. Geneva Road
- Now open: Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant, 1720 N. Main St.
- Now open: Phabulux Nails, 111 W. Willow Ave.
- Now open: Prairie Path Outfitters, 360 W. Front St.
- Now open: Shop 123, 123 Wesley St.; a holiday pop-up store including vendors: The Bleu Olive, Four Brothers Chocolates, Somewhat Organic, Skarha Glass Studio, What a Jerk Sauce, K'Tizo Tea, and The Adorned Apron.
- Construction is progressing for the upcoming apartment development in downtown Wheaton, called Wheaton 121. Morningside Wheaton LLC is building the development on the vacant block bordered by Front, Cross, Wesley and Scott streets in downtown Wheaton. Excavation of the site is nearly complete, utility work is progressing and footings are being poured for the 306-unit apartment development. For more information about the development, see the developer’s website.
- Renovations are complete at Suzette’s Creperie, 207 W. Front St., with an expanded dining room and larger wine bar.
- Now open: NTB (National Tire & Battery), 1800 E. Roosevelt Road; offers tires, batteries, oil change, alignments and more.
- A groundbreaking ceremony marked the beginning of a new redevelopment project called Wheaton 121, which will consist of 306 residential apartments in a multi-family building with partial underground parking. Morningside Wheaton LLC will build the development on the vacant block bordered by Front, Cross, Wesley and Scott streets in downtown Wheaton.