To schedule an inspection, contact the Building Department at 630-260-2050 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Please note: Plumbing Inspections are contracted out to a private inspection firm. Inspections are scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday only, therefore appointments must be called in before 3:30 p.m. on Monday or Wednesday for next-day inspections.
When calling in an inspection, please provide the following information:
- Type of inspection (see below)
- Address of project
- Times for final building, concrete work or hydrostatic inspections can be given a time
- Name of contact person if inspector has any questions
- Phone number of contact person
- Message for inspector (optional). For example: Call a half-hour before inspection.
- Location of inspection for larger projects. For example: Second floor, north half.
Voicemail inspection requests cannot be guaranteed for the date requested; we will return your call to confirm the date your inspection is scheduled.
- Back fill
- Pre-pour for concrete flatwork
- Electrical service
- Electrical: rough, above ceiling, final,
- Plumbing: underground, rough, above-ceiling, final
- Mechanical: rough, above ceiling, final
- Framing rough
- Fire stopping
- Fireplace, firebox
- Fire sprinkler: rough, hydrostatic, final
- Fire alarm: rough, final,
- Elevator: rough, final
- Demolition, pre-permit site, during demolition, 30-day, 45-day
- Final: shed, fence, lawn irrigation, furnace, A/C, electrical upgrade