Parking on any City street is prohibited from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. each day. Residents who wish to park on a City street during this time must call the Police Department at 630-260-2161 to report their vehicle on the street. Vehicles that have not been reported will be ticketed.
Parking on Holidays
Metered parking rates will not be charged on the City legal holidays listed below. However, parking fees and regulations do apply to all state and federal holidays that are not listed below:
- New Year's Day
- Presidents Day
- Friday prior to Easter
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Friday following Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
View the Interactive Downtown Parking Map.
Commuter Parking: Leased Spaces
The City has four parking lots where commuters can lease parking spaces on a quarterly basis. Three of the lots are near the College Avenue Train Station, and the fourth is near the Downtown Train Station. See a map of Parking Meters and Lots (pdf). The lot locations are:
College Avenue Train Station:
- along Crescent Street near the train station
- at the southeast corner of Williston Street and Crescent Street
- at the northwest corner of Blanchard Street and Avery Avenue
Downtown Train Station:
- Lot No. 9 at the southwest corner of Carlton Avenue and Liberty Drive
The leased parking rate for the College Avenue lots (6, 7, 8) is $60 per quarter for Wheaton residents and $75 per quarter for non-residents. Permit holders can park in any of the three lots. To apply for a permit, fill out a College Avenue Lots Application (pdf).*
The parking rate for the Downtown Train Station lot (Lot No. 9) is $60 per quarter. Parking lease renewals are mailed to each user on a quarterly basis. To apply for a permit, fill out a Lot 9 Application (pdf).*
* There is a waiting list for most lots. For availability information, call the Finance Department at 630-260-2000.
Commuter Parking: Daily Fee
The City provides commuter parking near the College Avenue Train Station that charges $1.50 per day. The parking lot, Lot #10, is located north of the railroad tracks on the east side of President Street.
Central Business District Employee Parking
The City has five designated parking lots for employees of businesses within the Central Business District. The locations are:
- Lot No. 1/Wheaton Place Parking Garage: (half of Level 2 and all of Levels 3 and 4 are available for CBD Employee parking) located at Wesley Street, Wheaton Avenue and Front Street.
Lot 1 Application Form (pdf)
- Lot No. 3: located on the north side of Liberty Drive between Cross and Main streets.
Lot 3 Application Form (pdf)
- Lot No. 4: located on the north side of Liberty Drive between Main Street and Hale Street.
- Lot No. 5: located on the north side of Liberty Drive between Hale Street and Wheaton Avenue.
Lot 5 Application Form (pdf)
- Willow Avenue Parking Garage: located at Willow Avenue and Cross Street on the south side of the railroad tracks.
Willow Avenue Parking Garage Application Form (pdf)
The leased parking rate is $60 per quarter for all lots except the Wheaton Place Parking Garage and Willow Avenue Parking Garage, which are $75 per quarter. Parking lease renewals are mailed to each user on a quarterly basis. For more information, contact the Finance Department at 630-260-2028.
Downtown Customer Parking
Downtown Wheaton offers free customer-only parking throughout the area, and a municipal parking deck offers parking at Wesley Street, Wheaton Avenue and Front Street. In addition, there are timed free parking spaces, metered spaces and weekend-only spaces. To see parking locations, view the Interactive Parking Map, On-Street Parking Map (pdf) or the Parking Meters and Lots Map (pdf).