Parking on any City street is prohibited from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. each day. If you wish to park on a City street between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m., you must either submit a request online before 1 a.m., or call the Police Department at 630-260-2161 to report your vehicle on the street. The Wheaton Police Department will ticket vehicles that have not been reported.
Parking on Holidays
You do not need to pay metered parking rates on the City legal holidays listed below:
- New Year's Day
- Presidents Day
- Friday prior to Easter
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Friday following Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Parking fees and regulations do apply to all state and federal holidays that are not listed above.
The City has designated parking spaces specifically for motorcycles and motorized scooters at Lot No. 10, the daily fee College Avenue Metra Train Station parking lot, and Lot No. 9, near the Downtown Wheaton Metra station.
You can either:
- Pay a daily fee of $1.50 using the lot's payment box, or
- If you have a valid leased parking permit for the City of Wheaton commuter parking lots, you can use your parking permit. You must photocopy the vehicle permit and affix the copy with a luggage tag to the handlebars of the motorcycle or scooter.
Leased Commuter Parking
The City has four parking lots where commuters can lease parking spaces on a quarterly basis. Three of the lots are near the College Avenue Train Station, and the fourth is near the Downtown Train Station. See a map of Parking Meters and Lots (pdf). The lot locations are:
College Avenue Train Station/Lots No. 6, 7, 8:
- along Crescent Street near the train station
- at the southeast corner of Williston Street and Crescent Street
- at the northwest corner of Blanchard Street and Avery Avenue
Downtown Train Station/Lot No. 9:
- Lot No. 9 at the southwest corner of Carlton Avenue and Liberty Drive
The leased parking rate for the College Avenue lots (6, 7, 8) is $60 per quarter for Wheaton residents and $75 per quarter for non-residents. Permit holders can park in any of the three lots. To apply for a permit, fill out a College Avenue Lots Application (pdf).*
The parking rate for the Downtown Train Station lot (Lot No. 9) is $60 per quarter. Parking lease renewals are mailed to each user on a quarterly basis. To apply for a permit, fill out a Lot 9 Application (pdf).*
* There is a waiting list for most lots. For availability information, call the Finance Department at 630-260-2000.
Daily Fee Parking
- College Avenue Train Station/Lot No. 10: The City provides parking near the College Avenue Train Station that charges $1.50 per day. The parking lot is located north of the railroad tracks on the east side of President Street.
- Near Downtown Train Station/Lot No. 9: There are also 37 spaces along the west perimeter of Lot No. 9 (located at Liberty Drive and Carlton Avenue) available for public parking at a fee of $1.50 per day. Drivers using the daily fee parking must deposit money in the coin box located near the corner of Liberty Drive and Carlton Avenue.