Discover Wheaton, Illinois, a distinctive community of almost 53,000 residents situated just west of Chicago. Residents and visitors are drawn to the blend of big-city comforts and small-town charm that makes Wheaton an excellent place to live, work, shop and play. From its top-ranked schools and picturesque downtown to its historic neighborhoods and dynamic community, Wheaton is a comfortable place to call home.
A few things Wheaton has to offer:
- Many choices for dining and shopping: A wide array of restaurants and shops are available throughout the city, from downtown Wheaton to the Danada area and beyond.
- Top-rated schools: Wheaton’s schools consistently rank among the highest in the state, offering students a quality education and a wealth of opportunities.
- A healthy place to live: Chicago magazine ranked Wheaton the “healthiest of Chicago’s largest suburbs” because of its low crime rate, vast open spaces and thriving downtown.
- Nationally ranked library:Wheaton’s public library is rated one of the top 10 in the nation. In early 2007, it completed a massive expansion project, offering even more services to residents.
- Beautiful parks and recreation opportunities: The Wheaton Park District oversees 800 acres of land and 52 parks, offering an impressive array of outdoor activities.
- Access to healthcare: Wheaton is home to the Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital. In addition, Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital, which is located in the nearby town of Winfield, is consistently recognized for its services and as a top hospital.